TEAM AND ACADEMY SCORING:
- Points are scored in two separate categories:
ACADEMY RANKING: Points are awarded to an Academy (identified by athletes at a single physical training location).
TEAM RANKING: Points are awarded to multiple academies belonging to an affiliation or team
Example: Jay Pages Jiu-Jitsu Academy and Ethos Martial Arts are academies belonging to the team/affiliation CTA Arizona
NOTE: Athletes that train at different academies should register under their main training location they have a membership at. This keeps competition fair and allows us to award academies and teams in the fairest way possible. If an academy or team are found to intentionally violate this, we will penalize and remove the academy and team from all rankings.
- Academies and Team/Affiliation will be recognized separately at the end of the competition season and points do not carry over from season to season.
- Each academy can only have two athletes in the same division (of age/weight/belt). If your academy has problems regarding the number of athletes in each division, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- We are not responsible for choosing which competitors will represent their team in the case of more than 2 competitors signing-up from the same team. If no email is sent, then the first 2 competitors registered will represent their team (Team A, who score points for the school). The remaining competitors will be separated into “Team B”, “Team C”, etc. Example: Points scored by “Team B” will not count towards “Team A”.
- Points will be awarded to the top 8 athletes in a bracket as follows (These points count toward team/affiliation and academy points unless otherwise noted below.
1st: 90 points
2nd: 30 points
3rd: 10 points
4th: 10 points
5th: 5 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 5 points
8th: 5 points
- Points from divisions where only one athlete signed up shall not count in the inter-academy or team/affiliation contest.
- Points from divisions where only two athletes from same academy signed up shall not count in the inter-academy or team/affiliation contest.
- If 2 athletes from the same team/affiliation but different academies are in the same division, points will be awarded as normal - points for individual academies but no association points.
- Only 2 athletes from the same team/affiliation are allowed to sign up for the open weight divisions.
- Athletes disqualified by WO (no show) shall not be awarded a medal or points and their names will not appear on the championship’s final placement list. The only exception to this, is when an athlete has competed in at least one match in the division in question.
- Athletes disqualified via disciplinary penalty shall not receive a medal or points and their names shall not appear on the championship’s final placement list.
- Athletes alone in a division will need to undergo the uniform inspection, weigh in and be approved, in order to receive a medal and have his/her name appear on the championship’ final placement list and be eligible for the open class division.
- In the ultra-heavyweight and absolute divisions, athletes alone in a division will need to undergo the uniform inspection and be approved, in order to receive a medal and have his/her name appear on the championship’s final placement list.
a. The academy with the greatest number of gold medals shall be declared the winner.
b. In the event of a draw in the number of champions, the academy with the greatest number of silver medalists shall be declared the winner.
c. In the event of a draw in the number of gold and silver medalists, the academy with the greatest number of highest-ranking champions shall be declared the winner.
d. In the event of a draw in the number of highest-ranking champions, the academy with the highest-ranking and heaviest champion shall be declared the winner.
e. In the event of a draw in all the aforementioned scenarios, the winner shall be determined at random.